Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
View Thread
Tayside Flying Club » Tayside Flying Club » Club Events
 Print Thread
Edinburgh ATC Briefing - 17th April
ASmeulders
Edinburgh ATC is coming over to Fife to hold an open Question and Answer session. The evening starts with a short introduction/briefing about ATC and afterwards there will be time to ask everything you want to know about Edinburgh Airport and ATC.

Because we operate this close to Edinburgh it'll be good not only for us but also for them to know how we/they work and how we can improve co-operation and safety.

The guest speaker is Tony Kirkbright, Manager operations and training.

We will start at 18:30 with a bite to eat. We ask 3,- if you want to join us for the buffet.

The talk will start at 19:30. Please let me know if you want to come along because I need to know numbers. Reply to this topic, send me a private message or an e-mail to instructors@taysideaviation.co.uk.

We hope you'll come along!

ASmeulders
As Garrick Smyth (chairman of Fife Flying CluCool says:
The people from Edinburgh ATC are very entertaining, not only through the insight they give into their role and responsibilities but also in terms of the humour they often weave into the information they present; they also have plenty of amusing anocdotes.

Edinburgh ATC provide a great service to us and this will be an opportunity for us to learn how to keep sharp, provide them with the information they need to enable them to give us the best flexibility possible.

So next Wednesday lets make their trip over the bridge worthwhile.

This will also be an opportunity to meet fellow flyers/Fife club members and have a look around in the refubished Tipsy Nipper.

We would love to see you more often and I'm aiming to increase communication/co-operation between the flying clubs.

If there's anything you want to know or if you have suggestions let us know.

ASmeulders
The Edinburgh ATC talk was both informative and fun. Tony Kirkbright really made it worth coming along and he managed to answer all of our questions.
25 people showed up and it was good to see some from Dundee as well. We hope to see you more often!

Jump to Forum: