Request a new one here.
View Thread
Tayside Flying Club » Tayside Flying Club » Club Events
 Print Thread
Committee Meeting : Saturday 20th April at noon @ Tayside Aviation
Drew
hi Flyers

The next Committee meeting will have a number of topics to discuss and plan:

Decide / vote on a new committee for 2013 - If you want to join the committee or leave, can you let your intentions be known by replying to this post and attend this committee meeting.

Wings Night for November / December - if the committee feel that a Wings night should be on the cards to celebrate anyone passing their test and gaining their Wings / or adding a rating to their license / we can celebrate by having a meal / dance / Guest speaker from the Raf ? etc etc
The organising for this event would need All committee members planning and booking everything from a menu to a venue to a speaker to raffles , prizes etc etc. Previous Wings nights were excellent - so why not resurrect this event and have a brilliant time !

Fly-outs - The crux of the Flying club is enjoying fly-outs with fellow flyers.
We need idea's on the table for fly-outs for the Summer and Autumn, which can include overnights or day trips
+ advertising these events on the forums, Colour posters on the noticeboard, Ukga etc.

ATC Tower Visits : Edinburgh / Dundee / Prestwick - are all excellent venues which need organised & we can combine them with a fly-out !

Airshows - Leuchars is a fantastic day out of which Tayside have a presence with aircraft and a stand that needs manned.

AeroExpo at Sywell airfield - I've attended this event for the past 2 years and its a must do event for anyone that enjoys aviation in all its various guises.

Anything aviation themed or related - then please voice your opinion at the meeting as all views are valued.

I've planned / booked / advertised and organised every event for the past number of years - its now time for some eager chap or chap 'ess to step up to the mark and make a name for themselves by holding the reigns of this post ! Any Takers ?

The committee for 2013 will be a participative one, with each person given flying club tasks to complete.
There was a lot of discussion at the recent AGM regarding the amount of tasks that need the attention of a team effort - therefore
we need people to take task responsibilty and produce the goods.

If the above pointers float your boat, and you want to get the sleeves rolled up and aren't frightened to organise, plan, and are eager to make this Flying Club the envy of the civilized world. Then join the Committee !

AGM Minutes can be found by clicking on the AGM Minutes tab on this website.

Remember Losers let it happen and Winners Make it happen !

Everyone Welcome .......

Can you reply to this post if you intend coming along / you are definitely coming along - that way we can gauge whether its worth having this committee meeting or not.

Edited by Drew on 09-04-2013 19:59
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

MarkC
Hi Drew,

I'll be coming along to the meeting.

Look forward to seeing you all then, hopefully.

Mark

msmith585
I shall both attend and join, good sir

Aviate...
Navigate...

Stewart Eggo
Hi Drew

Unfortunately I will be on holiday on this date and wont be able to attend the Committee meeting.
But I am prepared to participate in committee meetings and future events.

Stewart
Edited by Drew on 10-04-2013 10:53

Gedry
I'll be there.

Ged
G-EDRY

William Boath
Sorry cannot attend meeting. Also unable to put my name forward for the commitee

TomA320
Hi Drew,

I would have loved to become part of the committee however I'm working quite a lot at the moment and I'm studying for my ATPLs which is a huge task therefore I don't think it would be fair for me to take a place on the committee if I wasn't able to put in the time to help plan events etc.

You've done really well organising all the fly-outs in 2012, some great trips we've had like Newtownards and Prestwick so thanks very much for your hard work!

Tom

Jump to Forum: