Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
View Thread
Tayside Flying Club » Tayside Flying Club » Club Events
 Print Thread
Fly-Out to Kirkwall - Saturday 8th June 2013 - Now departing 08:45am
MarkC
Fly-Out to Kirkwall - Saturday 8th June 2013 - Departing 08:45am

We are planning our first Summer Fly-Out of 2013 to Kirkwall Airport, in the Orkney Islands, on Saturday 8th June.

All are welcome and this promises to be a great trip with some stunning scenery!

Departing Dundee at 08:45am, we will be returning the same day.

If you are interested in attending, can you please post your intentions on this thread, so we can organise crews and passengers?

I will be booking a Warrior for the trip, so if somebody would like to fly one of the legs and/or be a passenger - please let me know.

Hope you can make it!

**Edited to amend departure time**
Edited by MarkC on 07-06-2013 13:02

Wattja
TB10 will be going to Kirkwall and there is a spare seat going for any student or PPL .

JW

Drew
Hi Jim

Can I bag the spare seat + buy you lunch ?
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Wattja
No probs

Stewart Eggo
Hi Drew
as discussed I will not make Kirkwall because I will be in sunny Majorca hopefully enjoying some summer weather.

TomA320
Hi Mark, I'm fee so will be coming- as arranged I'll fly one of the legs with you.

Gavin
Ill also be booking a warrior, so likewise anyone wanting to fly or be a passenger just let me know.

BlakeNeale97
Hi guys

I have not yet completed the ppl but am in the early stages of the course, i was wondering if there was any spare seats for a passenger. I am really keen to see how the cross country flights operate, would really like to learn to give myself a heads-up to learn some skills that are required.

Many thanks

Blake neale
B.Neale

Gavin
Still can't get an aircraft as they are all booked up with cadets on the PPL course, so unless something becomes free, it doesn't look like I'll be coming Sad

MarkC
Hopefully the weather should be fine for Kirkwall tomorrow!

Just a short note for those flying in the Warrior to say that we are looking to depart Dundee at 08:45 sharp (slight change from above) -so I'll see those of you that are coming along, at the Clubhouse, first thing in the morning.

Looking forward to it..

Mark

Drew
Hi Flyers

the Warrior OJ has currently gone Tech ( engine problems ) and the engineers will try and resolve the problem on Saturday morning.

If they resolve the engine issue - OJ will be ready to fly the 12.30pm slot onwards.....
If they cant resolve the engine issue due to not having parts - then OJ wont be able to fly anywhere till its fixed.

bottom line is that the 8.45am departure to Kirkwall is postponed for the moment, but maybe on at 12.30 in the afternoon ?

or if this time is too late, then perhaps a different destination to enjoy the beautiful sunshine - Oban , Plocton or Islay ?
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
TODAYS FLYOUT POSTPONED

OJ experienced engine problems and will require extensive engine work.

Unfortunately there is no other available aircraft today and we have no other option than to postpone this event till a later date.

watch the forums for dates / times etc...
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Jump to Forum: