Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
View Thread
Tayside Flying Club » Tayside Flying Club » Club Events
 Print Thread
Kirkbride Fly-in & Open Day: Sunday 26th June
Drew
Kirkbride Fly-in and Open day : Sunday, 26 June 2011

This fly in takes place at Kirkbridge Airfield in beautiful Cumbria.

Intention is to take as many Tayside aircraft down to Kirkbride, watch the various aircarft fly-pasts, enjoy the display and fly back to base later on in the early evening. Sounds pretty good !

The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight will be sending a pair of Spitfires for flypasts as well as appearances by Neil McCarthy's Jet Provost, Airfield Aviations Isaacs Fury and a Yak-50, aerobatic trial flights will hopefully be on offer once again in the T67. Other interesting aircraft are being worked on so fingers crossed for more goodies.

For further details of the days events please call John Plasket on 016973 42142 or 07710 672087.

Book your aircraft at Tayside aviation and reply to this post so we know how many people are attending ?
Reply also If you want to attend as a Passenger, as we will attempt to take as many passengers as possible....

Hope you can come along and enjoy a fantastic day out !!! Grin
Edited by Drew on 22-04-2011 10:44
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
You certainly can Paul.
Jim Watt has spare seats & I'm sure he'll take youon board.

The more the merrier ...
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
I've e-mailed Jim and said that you are available as a passeneger for this trip.

Jim said last week that we should see how many people and planes are going on this trip, then divide the passengers up evenly throughout. I have Sandy and Stewart flying in the Warrior with me, but watch this space as sometimes things happen out of the blue.....

You'll have a seat regardless buddie. you will go to the ball !!!! Grin
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
morning Paul

I was at Oban airfield around 3.30pm yestreday buddie....

I'll put your name down on the list for this event. We need to wait till nearer the time to see how many aircraft /people are attending, then we can hopefully divide the people up into airctraft seats available ?

The more on these fly-outs the better for everyone, hopefully you'll have a seat no problem and enjoy a fantastic day out.
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
morning Paul

I can confirm you now have a seat in Jim Watts TB10 - and you shall go to the Ball !!!!

More details of departure times etc will be posted on this forum nearer the time...
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
I always aim to help out buddie - thats how the Flying club should be !

It maybe a Fife to Kirkbride - Fife journey, or perhaps Dundee - Kirkbride - Fife.... ? Its really up to Jim Watt...

But at least you all know that weather permitting, we will All head to Kirkbride for a full day of fantastic aviation festivities !

Really looking forward to watching the Spitfire do its stuff....Grin
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
Wilco !

Three aircraft going to Kirkbride at present & all are full at the moment.
If the status changes you'll be the first to know...

Good to chat at Fife open day buddie, even though the monsoon had well & truly kicked in.

Glad you enjoyed the June Flyer, all good feedback is appreciated .
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
hi

the latest news for Kirkbride Open Day:

Jim Watt will be departing from Dundee at 10.30am in his TB10 - can the three passengers be sure to be at Dundee in plenty of time before departure.

Drew, Sandy and Stewart will be departing around 10.30am also.

One other Tayside aircraft going but I dont have details of whether this aircraft has a full compliment or not ? If your the Pilot of the other aircraft ( Penny ? ) do you have room in your aircraft for one person (Keith ) He's desperate to attend ....
Can you post on this forum and let Keith know please?

lets hope for decent weather and a Full day of fun at Kirkbride ....

see you at Dundee at 9.30am Sunday.
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
evening

Weather has been so changeable the past few days its unbelievable.

I suggest we all meet at Dundee around 9am on Sunday morning and make a decision there and then...We may depart straight away or wait till mid-morning ? .. I cant forecast tomorrows weather as it is so unpredictable.

here's hoping ....
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Jump to Forum: