Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
View Thread
Tayside Flying Club » Tayside Flying Club » Club Events
 Print Thread
Tayside Flying Club - Summer BBQ - Saturday 17th August
MarkC
Summer BBQ

On Saturday 17th August Tayside Flying Club are holding a BBQ at Tayside Aviation, from 2pm onwards.

All are welcome to attend, and hopefully as many club members - new and old - can make it along!

If you are attending the BBQ, can you please leave a message below, so we can work out numbers for food?

Also, if anyone has any special requests e.g. veggie burgers, please let us know.

This will be a great chance to meet up with fellow club members and exchange a few flying stories, over a burger or 2!

Look forward to seeing you there..

Drew
Count me in !
Hawaiian shirt a Must !!!!
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

msmith585
Yep, Ill be there!

Gavin
I should be able to make it Smile

Drew
Hawaiian Shirts Gentlemen ?

a lot of effort is going into this Barbie - so Hawaiian shirt / or skirt is essential if you want onions on your burger....

Hula Hula !
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

MarkC
Grass skirt? That's definitely going to scare a few people off! Shock

msmith585
Ive a mate that wants to come too, he doesnt fly but is starting lessons soon. When im back, i can also help out with the clean-up and testing of the BBQ, getting food and helping on the day etc...

Drew
hi

Ged and Mark Cuthill have kindly voluntered to clean the barbie - thanks guys !!! get in touch with each other to make the job easier.

Think we may need gas too ? Mark can you check this out buddie.

On the day of the barbie:
I'll e-mail the committee a list of things we need to buy.
I'll get the money off David King to come out of TFC Funds.
I'll need someone to help me buy all the food / soft drinks ( in the morning )
We also need a 'Masterchef' to flip the burgers - We need a passionate volunteer ! any takers ?

Musical accompanyment will be Glen Miller / Manhattan dolls throughout the afternoon. Feel free to boogie woogie !

BBQ will start around 2pm - Hawaiian shirts / skirts a Must !

If ( and I dread to say this ) it rains, we can possibly still have the barbie under the Tayside Gazeebo - so all is not lost.

lets hope for blue skies, lots of flipped burgers landing on the BBQ !

see you there !!!!! Grin
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
We have a Burger Flipper - Kenny McDonald has volunteered to wear the apron and clasp the tongs ! cheers Kenny.
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

dwmarshall
Hello Gentlemen. I will definitely be coming along, see you all there!

Drew
Hi All....

Forecast for Saturday ( at the moment ) is for typical Scottish Summer BBQ weather - Rain !

If the weather is Monsoon rather than Melbourne, then we may reschedule the BBQ for a more suitable sunny day.

We will post a definite yeah or nay on Saturday morning...
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
Todays BBQ will be re-scheduled due to the Monsoon.

details will be posted on this forum for the new date.

Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Jump to Forum: