Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
View Thread
Tayside Flying Club » Tayside Flying Club » Club Events
 Print Thread
RAF Leuchars Open Day: 5th August
Drew
Hi Flyers

This is a real chance to fly into RAF Leuchars whilst its still an active Airbase !

The Agenda for the day isnt set in stone as yet but could entail;

Fly into Leuchars once the RAF has given each aircraft an allotted arrival time ( late or early arrivals Not Permitted )
Meet and Greet in the control tower and have morning coffee whilst watching the Typhoons play.
Everyone is then split up into groups, where you will have a tour of the base / attend safety briefs / visit to the Control tower / see the flight controllers in operation / visit the Radar station / attend a brief from a Typhoon pilot ....

Then you will need to pay a fiver / seven quid for a BBQ or buffet lunch.....

All in all, it really is a fascinating day at RAF Leuchars & one not to be missed !
Strict invitation only !

Whats required:
Book an Aircraft
Organise a crew for that aircraft + Post on this forum which aircraft has been booked and the names of eveyone in that aircraft ?
i.e. I need to know who's Pilot in Command and the names of the Passengers?
RAF Leuchars need to know 2 weeks in advance the names of everone attending and the aircraft registration.

Once all this has been finalised, Leuchars will then issue us with Arrival times....

Sounds Good doesnt it ? It truly is a brilliant day out....

Full details to follow to include Departure Times / Slot arrival times. In the meantime, I need to know who's attending once you have booked an aircraft & arranged passengers for your crew..

Tally Ho... !
Drew.

MarkC
Hi Drew,

Sounds like a great day..

Would love to attend, but I just called Tayside and I'm unable to get an aircraft booked for the 5th.

If anyone else is attending and has a spare seat, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Mark

Drew
hi Marc

Your in with us squire !
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
hi

We have been allocated a 10am slot for landing at Leuchars.

I propose we be in the aircraft for 9:30am and be ready to depart Dundee at 09:50am.Remember, we cant be late as this slot time is allocated to us, and other aircraft will have slot times in front and behind us.

looking forward to a great day out at Leuchars !
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

MarkC
Sounds good Drew,

No problems with that.

Cheers!

liamck
Tayside will be taking the van plus 7 students (on scholarships) and my good self! Looking forward to it

TomA320
Wish I could have made it but have my AGK exam that day.

MarkC
Cracking day out at Leuchars - thanks to Drew for organising and handling all the paperwork etc with the RAF.

Was good to visit the control tower and see how things are actually handled from the other side when you are talking to Leuchars.

Also lots of interesting discussions, and the BBQ wasn't too shabby either!

Drew
Hi Marc

always good to receive positive feedback ! thanks.

Leuchars was a fantastic experience and the Raf treated us very well from touchdown to departure.

Many thanks to Raf Leuchars, for all their Presentations, tours of the base & the positivity throughout the open day.

already looking forward to next years open day ....
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Jump to Forum: