Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
View Thread
Tayside Flying Club » Tayside Flying Club » Under the Radar
 Print Thread
Edinburgh ATC Visit: October 20th 2012
Drew
Visit ATC day is back

The ever popular Visit ATC Day will once again take place this Autumn, giving UK pilots the opportunity to view proceedings at Air Traffic Control units around the country. The Airspace & Safety Initiative (ASI) which helps co-ordinate the event has now released details of this yearís participating units. Pilots curious to see life from an air traffic controllerís perspective are encouraged to sign up for a tour at their nearest unit during October and November.

The scheme, now in its fourth year, intends to increase the mutual understanding of pilots and controllers. All the visits will require prior registration and are open only to holders of pilot licences (NPPL, PPL, BGA certificate etc and student pilots). Those attending will be required to show their licence or evidence that they are learning to fly. Pilots who have not pre-registered or cannot produce their licence or evidence on the day unfortunately will not be admitted.

ATC units already confirmed include Swanwick, Prestwick, Manchester, Edinburgh, Farnborough, Bristol, Birmingham, Belfast and Norwich.

Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. All the events are free of charge.

The nearest ATC event is Edinburgh: If you want to attend the Edinburgh ATC - please click on the link below and add your details and time that you want to attend.

Edinburgh ATC : October 20

online registration at
www.visitedinburg...pointy.com

You may also want to add your name to this post on this forum - If enough people attend from Dundee, why not car share ?

Tally Ho... !
Drew.

TomA320
Hi Drew,

I've already been to the Edinburgh ATC visit, however just wondering if you have the link to the online registration for the Bristol or Birmingham tower visit?

Drew
Hi Tom

i've sent you a message with a link to the website for the registrations for Bristol and Birmingham....

you must be keen as mustard to visit these two ATC's - Good stuff !
Edited by Drew on 01-10-2012 11:38
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

TomA320
Great, thanks for the link Drew. I see Birmingham is fully booked but still space on the Bristol visit so I'll see if I can get on that trip:-)

Drew
good stuff Tom - if you make the trip you can write a short story for the next Newsletter ( if you fancy) and a few photo's - sounds an interesting trip !

Bristol is a really good Airport to visit - good viewing gallery too for aviators.

are you getting cheap flights to attend ?
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

TomA320
Yeah Drew, no worries I'm sure I'd be able to do that for you.

There are cheap flight to Bristol and Belfast, around £55 for a return flight from Edinburgh so was thinking of booking.

Drew
Go forth young man, visit the Atc's, view the Tower, learn their lingo, drink their coffee - then complete a splendid article for the next Tayside Flyer Newsletter. You'll be the envy of all who read !

mercei monsieur.....
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Drew
Hi Finlay - looking forward to your Tower trip ?
You'll have a ball and revel at the amazing views & receive lots of very useful information from those nice chaps at Nats...

enjoy squire...
Tally Ho... !
Drew.

Jump to Forum: